The JAX Summer Camp provided teens opportunities to participate in art/music programs including:
- Jersey City Stories – JAX youth used Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to develop an interactive map, highlighting areas of Jersey City’s gentrification thru digital storytelling.
- Virtual Reality Video Production – Youth used virtual reality cameras and editing software to create their own short creative films.
- JAX Music Programs – Our music members worked with highly trained professional musicians each week focusing music history and theory, while also taking one-on-one lessons on the instrument of their choosing. After undergoing structured, hands-on lessons, the summer culminated to several live performances at the JAX space, Moore’s Jazz Lounge, the Monticello Street Festival and Groove On Grove.
- Imagining Jazz - Collaborating with Riverview Jazz Organization, the JAX youth learned to interpret jazz through creative photography.
- Re-imagining the Storefronts of Monticello - JAX media members (graphic designers, illustrators, photographers & writers) worked with Youth Radio to publish an interactive media piece about gentrification in the Monticello area.
In January 2021, Jax merged with Art House Productions. Now JAX seeks to broaden their services and continue their commitment to the Jersey City arts community and arts education by expanding JAX's core programs and building on Art House’s existing education programs.
Please contact Jacque Arias at Jax@arthouseproductions.org with any questions.