Thank you for your interest in the Art House Gallery. Proposal submissions are accepted year-round. We will confirm the receipt of all submissions. If there is interest, or questions regarding your proposal, we will be in contact. We strongly recommend a visit to the Art House website and the gallery before you submit a proposal. It is important for the applicant to have a sense of the gallery space and to understand the Art House Visual Arts Program.Please include all the information requested below. Incomplete, or web link submissions will not be considered or responded to (only video artists may include links to view their work online). Digital text files should be in Word or PDF format.
- Type of exhibition, theme or subject matter and proposed exhibition title (this may be a working title.) Indicate whether this is a solo or group show.
- A brief description of the exhibition and why you feel it is a good fit for the Art House Gallery.
- Introduction to the curator: Please include a brief artist statement that describes you and the art you create.
- Contact info: Please include your name, address and phone number in your artist statement.
- Images: (Indicate whether the accompanying images are of works you are proposing for exhibition, or are representative images only.) Digital file submissions will only be accepted via email and must be in JPEG, PNG, or PDF format, resolution set to 72 dpi, no larger than 800 X 800 pixels and no larger than 2MB. Please label all images. Please do not mail us original artwork.
- Image labeling: Include artist’s name, title, date of work, medium, size (framed and unframed dimensions, if relevant). You may include a brief description for each image, however this isn’t required.
- Installation requirements: specifics of the installation and identify any special equipment or other requirements you may need that may become an impediment to presenting the proposed exhibition. Video artists must provide their own equipment.
- Community and educational aspects of the exhibit: details of any supplementary public programs or presentations. We encourage exhibitors to propose artist talks, panel discussions, or workshops geared toward engaging the general public. Will the artist(s)/curator(s) be available for workshops, classes, or lectures?
- Budget: The Art House Gallery has limited funding for exhibitions. Artists are responsible for transport of all the art to and from the gallery, any and all framing, and postcards for distribution. We will provide tools and hardware for hanging of the art, posters for the window of the gallery and light refreshments for the opening reception. Please note that the Gallery Director/curator hangs all work and decides art placement.
Made possible in part by funds from the New Jersey State Council on the Arts/Department of State, A Partner Agency of the National Endowment for the Arts