Art House Productions is a performing and visual arts center established in 2001 and located in Jersey City, NJ. Art House is a home for adventurous artists, audiences, and ideas. We engage, inspire, entertain and challenge audiences with ambitious performing and visual arts programs; we provide arts education programs that promote life-long learning to a diverse community, and we celebrate the essential power of the arts to illuminate our common humanity.
All open staff and internship positions will be posted on this page.
Art House seeks an Associate Producer to assist with administrative and program management as we open our new multi arts space scheduled to open in Fall 2022 at 184 Morgan Street in downtown Jersey City. The Associate Producer will report to the Executive Artistic Director and Producing Director, and serve as the organization’s third full-time staff member.
- The Associate Producer is a full-time position.
- The position is currently remote, but will move to in-person in Fall 2022.
- The position must be based within commuting distance of Jersey City. Hybrid work schedules can be discussed based on the candidate.
- The salary for this position begins at $45,000. Flexible PTO. No health benefits at this time; Art House is actively working towards adding health insurance for employees in 2023.
- $500 annual budget for professional development.
- Assist with program management and evaluation for tentpole programs including Art House Theater, JC Fridays, the Jersey City Comedy Festival, Your Move: NJ’s Modern Dance Festival, INKubator New Play Program, the Art House Gallery, and education programs.
- Assist with marketing and social media.
- Assist with grant writing, writing fundraising appeals, and donor database management.
- Assist with planning and implementing annual fundraising events, including Snow Ball Gala and Cocktails Under the Stars.
- Attending staff and program meetings and taking notes.
- Depending on the candidate’s experience and interests, candidates may be able to stage manage, direct or act in play readings, co-curate art shows, or serve as a teaching artist for existing or new programs as part of their position.
- Answer emails and update the master calendar with upcoming events.
- Zoom meeting with the Executive Artistic Director and Producing Director to plan the marketing strategy for Access JC Fridays.
- Post the Snow Ball Gala to online community calendars.
- Take a break for lunch, go for a walk.
- Draft letter of agreements for the INKubator cohort based on templates.
- Update the JC Fridays website (Wix) to include new event listings.
- Attend a Snow Ball Committee meeting to discuss the upcoming fundraiser.
- 2-3 years of professional arts or arts administration experiences (internships and work-study positions included)
- Strong commitment to organization's mission and values
- Strong writing, research, and verbal communication skills
- Willing to work collaboratively with a small team
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- A passion for the arts in a diverse community
Art House is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Applications will be accepted through April 25. At this time, applications are closed.
Applicants selected for the interview process will participate in one 30-minute phone call, and at least one interview via Zoom. Final interviews may take place in-person in Jersey City. Target start date is June 2022.
If you need accommodations due to a disability, you may contact us at HR@arthouseproductions.org or you may call us at 732-778-8428.