MARKETING COORDINATOR (PART-TIME)
Art House Productions a nonprofit arts organization in Jersey City, seeks a part-time Marketing Coordinator. Art House Productions is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit arts organization committed to the development and presentation of the performing and visual arts in Jersey City, NJ. Art House produces and presents original theater, events, visual arts, adult and youth arts education classes, festivals, including Your Move and The Jersey City Comedy Festival, and the citywide arts festival, JC Fridays.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Marketing Coordinator will have a hand in brand strategy, marketing, social media, advertising, press, public relations, and box office. Some nights and weekends are required for event work; this is a hands-on position. This position also works closely with the Producing Director, Gallery Director, and Community Director.
Art House is committed to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion and encourages members of the theatre community who are underrepresented to apply.
- Develop and implement all short- and long-term institutional marketing plans.
- Write and distribute all press-releases. Cultivate press contacts in the New Jersey and NYC Region and distribute press tickets at performances.
- Manage Art House’s ticketing software processing tickets, creating events, pulling reports, etc.
- Manage various web-based publications, email marketing initiatives, and the website.
- Manage Art House Social Media accounts (Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook) and assist with brainstorming marketing efforts for the gallery space, performances, and festivals.
- Establish partnerships with community organizations, businesses, and other stakeholders for ongoing cross-promotional collaboration.
- Perform light graphic design needs for posters, postcards, and other print and digital marketing materials.
- Assist with event planning and execution.
- Assist with box office needs on performance nights.
- Perform administrative tasks including file upkeep, photography archiving, etc.
- 2-3 years of marketing experience (including internships).
- Passion for both performing and visual arts.
- Experience with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Canva, video editing software preferred.
- Knowledge of ticketing/CRM software (Vendini preferred).
- Experience running social media channels for an organization preferred.
This is a part-time position, not to exceed 25 hours per week. Hourly rate $15-$20, based on prior experience. Remote work possible.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and 2 work samples (press releases, emails, social media) to email@example.com with the subject line “Marketing Coordinator Application”.
ART HOUSE INTERNSHIPS
Art House offers internships for college students and recent graduates who have an interest in pursuing a career in performing & visual arts. Our internships are a great opportunity to develop new skills and gain credible experience working with a tight-knit team that outwardly serves the Jersey City arts scene. Many interns have also subsequently been hired to work at Art House.
Art House is committed to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion and encourages members of the arts community who are underrepresented to apply.
Candidates must be 18 years old. Candidates should be available 10-15 hours per week, for at least 12 consecutive weeks.
Interns are compensated with a modest travel stipend or academic credit at the discretion of the sponsoring college.
TYPES OF INTERNSHIPS
Arts Administration Internship
Provides the opportunity to contribute to the day-to-day producing activities of a multidisciplinary arts center, and learn about the planning and producing of theater, presented events, dance, festivals, and special events. Intern assists with marketing, social media, mailing list maintenance, patron services and outreach, and rentals. All interns may serve as box office/front of house staff for events, work production strikes, and assist with general office duties including filing, data entry, and poster runs. Prior experience in an office or customer service work environment preferred. Reports to the Executive Director & Producing Director.
Provides the opportunity to contribute to the day-to-day operations of a theater facility used for theater, presented events, dance, festivals, and special events. Intern assists with general space maintenance/upkeep, operation and maintenance of equipment, and assistance with theater rentals. All interns may serve as box office/front of house staff for events, work production strikes, and assist with general office duties including filing, data entry, and poster runs. Prior experience in technical theater or production management preferred. Reports to the Theater Manager.
Provides the opportunity to contribute to the day-to-day operations of an art gallery. Intern assists with installing and de-installing artworks, general gallery maintenance, receiving artworks and coordinating pick-ups, marketing and community outreach, gallery sitting when open and assisting at opening receptions and special events. All interns may serve as box office/front of house staff for events, work production strikes, and assist with general office duties including filing, data entry, and poster runs. Reports to the Gallery Director.
To apply for an internship, please email your cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “[Type of Internship] [Last Name]” i.e. “Gallery Internship - Johnson”.
Applications for Spring internships will be accepted between October 1-December 1; applications for Fall internships will be accepted between June 1-July 1.
Resumes should include arts and/or related experience; please do not send performance resumes. Cover letters should be no longer than one page and include which position you are applying for and what you hope to gain from the internship.