Our latest Virtual JC Fridays took place on Friday, March 5 on Zoom.
The program featured presentations from 27 artists and organizations representing every neighborhood of Jersey City. The program featured intimate studio visits, gallery tours, and innovative performances. Video clips from the event are now available on our YouTube page, linked below.
Over the course of the evening, 360 households logged in to enjoy the program.
We continued our commitment to arts access by providing ASL interpreters and closed captions.
This event would not be possible without the generous support of our sponsors, Jersey City Municipal Council & Cultural Affairs, Historic Downtown SID, JCEDC, New Jersey Theatre Alliance; and supporters Art Fair 14C and Flower Power Artworks. Support for Access expenses provided in part through funding from Access A.R.T./New York, a program of the Alliance of Resident Theatres/New York (A.R.T./New York).
Whether in-person or online, we hope you'll save the date for ACCESS JC Fridays on June 4.
Selected audience comments:
- I love Jersey City even more!
- Thought there was a lot of thought, planning, and creativity put into the virtual presentations. Loved the inclusion of more music and dance.
- I was impressed by how fluidly the production flowed from neighborhood to neighborhood and how prepared the host and presenters were. It was a very fun, variety show vibe. The range of art and artists really demonstrated Jersey City's eclectic talent pool.
- Hearing and seeing new and older artists' creativity was very inspiring and wonderful to experience.
- INSPIRING EVENING! Thx to all!