Art House Productions is a performing and visual arts center established in 2001 and located in Jersey City, NJ. Art House is a home for adventurous artists, audiences, and ideas. We engage, inspire, entertain and challenge audiences with ambitious performing and visual arts programs; we provide arts education programs that promote life-long learning to a diverse community; and we celebrate the essential power of the arts to illuminate our common humanity.
The Managing Director (MD) reports to the Executive Director and Board of Directors and works as part of Art House’s executive team. The MD, with the ED and Board is responsible for the development, implementation and tracking of Art House’s strategic and annual plans.
The ideal candidate has experience in financial operations, marketing, audience development, and donor cultivation, and has great organizational, communication, and computer skills. Flexibility with schedule is vital as managing the theatre requires some evening and weekend hours.
The Managing Director is a full-time employee. Salary is between 35k and 40k depending on experience. Applications should include cover letter, CV, and three references, emailed to email@example.com. Please apply by May 1st, 2019
Overview of Responsibilities of Managing Director
• Long and short term financial guidance
• Prepare Financial Reports for the Board
• Contracts (Commissioning, New Play, Actor, Director, Designer, Tech staff)
• Licenses, Permits etc.
• Consult with Executive Director and Artistic Associate on Season Planning
• Day to Day Office Operations
• Oversee staff when ED is not present (Note: this is a hands on position and the MD may have to fill in as necessary)
• Prepare and Monitor Budget (w/ Executive Director)
• Bookkeeping - code and enter all deposits, payroll, electronic payments
• Reconcile Box Office Statements (w/ House Manager)
• Audit responsibility with outside Auditor
• Define, plan and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan (w/ ED & Board)
• Annual Campaigns (Giving Tuesday, Hudson Gives)
• Project Manage Grant Submissions
• Strategize for cultivation of donors (w/ ED & Board)
• Oversee and implement marketing and audience development strategy (w/ Director of Marketing)
• Social Media implementation (w/ ED and Director of Marketing)
• Graphics, Email Blast, and Press release