Thank you for your interest in the Visual Arts Program at Art House. Proposal submissions are accepted year-round. If there is interest, or questions regarding your proposal, we will be in contact. We will confirm the receipt of all submissions. We strongly recommend a visit to the Art House website and ideally the gallery before you submit a proposal. It is important for the applicant to have a sense of the gallery space and to understand the Art House Visual Arts Program.
Please include all the information requested below. Incomplete, or web link submissions will not be considered or responded to. (Exception: video artists may include links to view their work online.) Digital text files should be in Word or PDF format.
INCLUDE IN YOUR PROPOSAL:
• Type of exhibition, theme or subject matter and proposed exhibition title (this may be a working title.) Indicate whether this is a solo or group show.
• A brief description of the exhibition and why you feel it is a good fit for the Visual Arts Program at Art House.
• Introduction to the curator(s) and/or artist(s): include CVs and artist statements/curator’s statement.
• Images: (Indicate whether the accompanying images are of works you are proposing for exhibition, or are representative images only.) Postal submissions should include 35mm slides or letter-sized color printouts. Do not send original artwork. Digital file submissions will only be accepted via email and must be in JPEG or PDF format, resolution set to 72 dpi, no larger than 800 X 800 pixels and no larger than 2MB. Please number images to correspond to image list.
• Image list, numbered to correspond with your image submissions. Include image #, artist’s name, title, date of work, medium, size (framed and unframed dimensions, if relevant). You may include a brief description for each image, however this isn’t required.
• Installation requirements: specifics of the installation and identify any special equipment or other requirements you may need that may become an impediment to presenting the proposed exhibition. Video artists must provide their own equipment.
• Community and educational aspects of the exhibit: details of any supplementary public programs or presentations. We encourage exhibitors to propose artist talks, panel discussions, or workshops geared
toward engaging the general public. Will the artist(s)/curator(s) be available for workshops, classes, or lectures?
• Dates: when the exhibit is available and a timeline for its execution.
• Budget: a budget outline and any funding resources.
• Contact info: name, address and phone number of main contact.
• Return of materials: for postal submissions a SASE (self-addressed, stamped envelope) for return of materials. Submissions without sufficient postage will not be returned.
• Submit proposals to: email@example.com or post to: Art House Productions, Visual Arts Program, 300 Coles Street, Jersey City, NJ 07310.
300 Coles Street | Jersey City, NJ, 07310 | arthouseproductions.org